CLICK ON THE TITLE ABOVE TO SEE ENTIRE POST.
Do you LOVE avocados as much as I do??? They are all the rage and everywhere right now from tote bags to toast! Avocado recipes abound! It is one of my favorite foods so here is my own take on a favorite appetizer. But…if you are not the foodie type be sure to check out my little corner of the world for some non-food related entertainment. Lol. https://kimsdiytribe.com/welcome-to-my-world/ or sign up an join our tribe. There’s lots more fun and inspiration to be had outside of this delicious recipe! Scroll down to get cooking.
- 3 Haas avocados halved, pit removed, flesh scooped out
- Approximately 12 Egg roll wrappers or Wonton wraps
- 4 strips of cooked and crumbled bacon bits
- ⅓ cup of oil packed, julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp finely cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely minced garlic
- ½ of a finely diced jalapeno pepper
- Juice of ½ lime
Sweet and Tangy dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- Chop all the avocado halves and place into a bowl. Stir in lime juice, cilantro, sun dried tomatoes, bacon bits, red onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Stir and lightly mash the mixture together.
- Place 2 heaping Tbs of the avocado mixture in the lower center of an egg roll or wonton wrapper. You can wrap them as a traditional egg roll or my easy hack – just fold them diagonally in half like a triangle. Saves a ton of time and lets you get to the eating part much quicker! Wet fingers in some water and seal edges of egg rolls. Repeat with remaining filling and egg roll wrappers. If you are struggling to close them use less filling.
- Now you can decide if you are going to go full out and fry these delicious little suckers or opt for the much healthier option that I LOVE and air fry them. Here is the link to the air fryer I use https://amzn.to/2KD2q6q and if you order from my Amazon link above I receive a small comission but you don’t pay a penny more! Click here for full privacy and disclosure policy https://kimsdiytribe.com/privacy-disclosure/. Baking works as well. If you are going to fry them you need either a deep fryer or a heavy, shallow pot or cast iron skillet.
- When the oil is 375 degrees place 3-4, add egg rolls at a time into the hot oil, frying until golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack covered with a couple of layers of paper towels. If you are air frying (my favorite guilt free way to enjoy them often) you need to preheat your air fryer to 400-425. Place 4-6 egg rolls in your basket (depending on the size of your air fryer- you need room enough for air to circulate all around each egg roll to get them crispy) for about 10-15 min. Again, depending on the size batch you are making. If you are baking them pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they reach the desired level of browness.
- Don’t forget to whip up a batch of the delicious dipping sauce to go with them!! We actually double the sauce recipe because we are just a “saucy” bunch. Lol. Put all the sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into dipping bowls and serve with egg rolls.